I am Abbas a postdoc at TakeLab. I like to work in various fields of computing world but because of the beauties of artificial intelligence, I prefer to concentrate on this area. Machine learning and NLP are two special fields that I am working currently in.
Ph.D. (2012-2016): Computer Engineering- Computational Intelligence, EMU University, North Cyprus.
Thesis Title: Chemical Named Entity Recognition using Undersampling and Classifier Ensemble.
Visiting Ph.D. Student (Fall 2013): Xidian University, China
M.Sc. (2006-2008): Computer Engineering- Software, Islamic Azad University, Science and Research Branch, Tehran, Iran
B.Sc. (2002-2005): Computer Engineering- Software, Iran.
NLP, Machine Learning, Classifiers Ensemble, Text Mining, Deep Learning
ACADEMIC & TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- Evolutionary Algorithms, Azad University of Bandar Abbas (http://www.iauba.ac.ir ), spring 2015.
- Advanced Data Bases, Advanced Software Engineering, Research Methods, Azad University Of Bandar Abbas, Fall & Spring 2015.
- Distributed Systems, Larestan University (http://iaularestan.ac.ir ), Bandar Abbas IAU, spring 2015.
- Data Mining, Knowledge Engineering, NLP, Payam- E-Noor University of Gheshm (pnu.ac.ir) Spring 2015.
Under Graduate Courses:
- Software engineering, Software engineering lab, Expert system, Algorithm design, Adiban University, Garmsar, Iran, (adiban.ac.ir ), 5 semesters. 2007- until 2011
- Data structure, Database system, Software engineering, Islamic Azad University (Bandar Abbas branch), Bandar Abbas, Iran, iaub.ac.ir , 2 semesters. 2008-2010
- System analysis and design , Software lab, Database, Islamic Azad University, Garmsar, Iran, iau-garmsar.ac.ir , 2 semester.2009
- System analysis and design, Requirement engineering, Software engineering, Database management, Data structure, Object oriented programming, University of Applied Science and Technology , Tehran , Iran , uast.ac.ir, 5 semesters. 2007 until 2011
- Compiler design, Programming language design &implementation, Payam-E-Noor University, Damavand and Hasan Abad, Iran, pnu.ac.ir, 4semesters.2007-2009
- “Balanced undersampling: a novel sentence-based undersampling method to improve recognition of named entities in chemical and biomedical text”, Abbas Akkasi, Ekrem Varoğlu, Nazife Dimililer, Applied Intelligence, Springer, DOI: 10.1007/s10489-017-0920-5, 2017
- “Improving Biochemical Named Entity Recognition Performance Using PSO Classifier Selection and Bayesian Combination Method“, By Abbas Akkasi, Ekrem Varoğlu, IEEE/ACM Transaction on Computational Biology And Bioinformatics, DOI: 1109/TCBB.2016.2570216, 2016.
- “ChemTok: A New Rule Based Tokenizer for Chemical Named Entity Recognition. Akkasi, A., Varoğlu, E., & Dimililer, N, 2016, Biomedical Research International, 2016, doi:10.1155/2016/4248026.
- “Cryptography in social networks using wavelet transform, fractals and chaotic functions” ,A Akkasi, S Siavash, AL Ramin, K Mohammad, International Research Journal of Applied and Basic Sciences 9 (9), 1627-1635,2015.
- “A Review Of Security Challenges And Proposed Solutions In Cloud Computing”, MS Khoshbakht, A Akkasi,Journal of Multidisciplinary Engineering Science and Technology 2 (8), 2131-2135,2015.
- “Jobs Scheduling In Grid Computing Network, With Hybrid Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm”, A Akkasi, SA Talebnia Jahromi, A Mosallanjad, K Moayedfar,Journal of Multidisciplinary Engineering Sciences and Technology 2 (8), 2190-2198,2015.
- “Threats and Security Solutions in Distributed Systems”, M Rahman Seteayesh, A Akkasi, N Mir Khaghani, L Lari, International Journal of Review in Life Sciences 5 (3), 882-885,2015.
- “Task Scheduling and Idle-Time Balancing in Homogeneous Multi Processors: A Comparison between GA and SA”, P Mohammad Amin, A Akkasi , International Journal of Computer Applications 123 (13), 39-45,2015.
- “Distributed traffic of multimedia files on Hadoop”, T Shekari, A Davary Dlatabadi, A Akkasi, International Journal Of Current Research 7 (8), 19490-19495,2015.
- “Investigating Reliability of Different Methods on Distributed Application”, A Akkasi, F Sotoude ghazanfarkhani, E Arkian, E Sadeghi hfeshjani, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis in Social Science Studies 113, 347-357. ,2015.
- “Visualizing Operating Systems and Markov Models”, A Akkasi, MA Zeinaly, International Journal of Computer Applications 119 (24), 7-10, 2015.
- Akkasi, a., khaleghi, a., jafarabad, m., karimi, h., demideh, m. b., & alamuti, r. n. “The proposal of giving two receipts for voters to increase the security of electronic voting”., Computer Science & Information Technology , 2014, Australia.
- Abbas Akkasi et al, Control of Smart Communities Based On Cellular Phone with A Case Study of “Filipino Flash Mobs“, 6th knowledge management conference, Feb 2014, Tehran, Iran.
- Abbas Akkasi, “New approach to software regression testing with using Neural Networks“, ISTEC 2012, Dubai.
- Abbas Akkasi,”Improving target architecture quality by using benchmarking, in enterprise architecture planning ”, First International conference on computer science, European Academy of Science Engineering and technology, EASET,2012, Budapest, Hungary
- Abbas Akkasi, Mir Ali Seyyedi, Feridon Shams,“ Presenting A Method for Benchmarking Application in the Enterprise Architecture Planning Process Based on Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework”, International Conference on information & communication technologies: from theory to applications –IEEE- ICTTA 08, 7-11 APRIL 2008, Damascus-Syria.
- Abbas Akkasi , “Technical analysis the importance of mobile banking in Iran” 2nd International Conference on E- banking”, Tehran, Iran, July 2007.
- Abbas Akkasi , Mir Ali Seyyedi,” A method for risk reduction in making TO-BE architecture of EAP” , 1.st risk management International Congress, Tehran, Iran, Sept 2006.