Working with industrious and passionate students is amazing. That’s why we have decided to offer a 3-month student internship positions in R&D for natural language processing at our laboratory!
Text Analysis and Knowledge Engineering Lab (TakeLab) at FER, University of Zagreb, Croatia, invites applications for student internships in R&D for natural language processing. We offer a 3-month paid internship with a possibility for extension. The internship start date is June 2018 or September 2018.
TakeLab FER is a young and dynamic research team and the leading group for Natural Language Processing and Text Analytics in Croatia. The group pursues diverse research topics, ranging from information extraction and semantic search to computational semantics and opinion mining.
- implementing machine learning models on natural language processing problems
- integrating and optimizing machine learning models for production software systems
- software development on natural language processing-based systems
- 1+ years of programming in an object-oriented language
- computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, and distributed systems
- Linux / git / networking basics
- eagerness to learn
- research interest in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
- 3+ months of hands-on software development experience
- pursuing a Bachelor’s / Master’s / PhD in Computer Science
- familiarity with Python
With us, you can:
- develop state-of-the-art machine learning frameworks NLP
- be a part of the best Croatian NLP research group
- publish papers for top-tier NLP conferences (ACL, NAACL, EMNLP)
- participate in weekly paper reading and discussion sessions
- expand your software development skill set in our TakeLab skills sessions
- help yourself to relevant NLP and machine learning literature
- open-source your work
- exercise for free in sports complex Martinovka
- unwind in Christmas parties and summer Sljeme hikes
Please direct all your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications (a short Statement of Interest and a CV) should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
All applications received before 31 May 2018 will receive full consideration. The position remains open until filled.
As an equal opportunities employer, TakeLab FER positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.