We’ve got a new position in Natural Language Processing, this time for a full-time research engineer. This is a perfect opportunity for those who want to experience working with the leading NLP group in Croatia.
Text Analysis and Knowledge Engineering Lab (TakeLab) at FER, University of Zagreb, Croatia, invites applications for the position of a Research Engineer in Natural Language Processing. The position is tied to the R&D project “An integrated document management system for the legislation of the Republic of Croatia“.
The project aims at developing a scalable, highly available, user-friendly, machine-learning-enhanced platform for semantic analysis and search of legislative documents, targeted at both professional and layperson users. You will be expected to contribute to designing, building, and maintaining the search engine system.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, and distributed systems
- Proficiency in Java, Python, or C++
- Comfortable in Linux and git
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP
- Hands-on experience with designing, developing, operating, and maintaining Internet-based services
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Previous experience with open source projects
- Familiarity with Python data science frameworks (numPy, pandas, scikit-learn, sciPy, TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Experience with search systems (Lucene, ElasticSearch, Solr)
What we offer:
- Working on machine learning technologies in Croatia’s leading NLP research group
- Internal technical workshops
- Research paper reading group sessions
- Access to a library of relevant machine learning books
- Working with open-source technologies
Salary and contract duration:
This is a full-time, fixed-term position for three years, starting in September 2018. Salary varies with respect to candidate strength (7000 — 10000 HRK net).
Please direct all your inquiries to email@example.com.
Applications can be made by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a CV and copy of university degrees and transcripts.
All applications received before 16 July 2018 (
27 July 2018) will receive full consideration. The position remains open until filled.
As an equal opportunities employer, TakeLab FER positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
About TakeLab FER:
TakeLab FER is a young and dynamic research team and the leading group for Natural Language Processing and Text Analytics in Croatia. The group pursues diverse research topics, ranging from information extraction and semantic search to computational semantics and opinion mining.