New NLP internship positions at TakeLab FER — 2022-Q3 call — apply till 27 May
Text Analysis and Knowledge Engineering Lab (TakeLab) at FER, University of Zagreb, Croatia, invites applications for student internships in the 2022-Q3 round. The internships are in R&D for natural language processing. We offer a 3- to 6-month half-time internship with a possibility of extension. The internship period is from June 2022 at the earliest till the end of December 2022 at the latest. The internship period is negotiated on a per-person basis.
TakeLab FER is a young and dynamic research team and the leading group for Natural Language Processing and Text Analytics in Croatia. The group pursues diverse research topics, ranging from information extraction and semantic search to computational semantics and opinion mining.
In this round, we’re looking for interns to work with us on the following projects:
- AIDWAS – you would develop state-of-the-art ML NLP models for information extraction for real-time disaster and threat detection from internet text with a focus on social media sources
- Alanno – you would work with active learning methods in machine learning while developing a system for annotation powered by active learning (https://alanno2.takelab.fer.hr/)
– implementing machine learning models for natural language processing problems
– integrating and optimizing machine learning models for production-level software systems
– software development for natural language processing-based systems
– 1+ years of programming in an object-oriented language
– computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures
– eagerness to learn
– familiarity with Python
– interest in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
– 3+ months of hands-on software development experience
– pursuing a Bachelor’s / Master’s in Computer Science
– Linux/git basics
With us, you can:
– develop state-of-the-art machine learning and NLP frameworks
– be a part of the best Croatian NLP research group
– publish papers on the top-tier NLP conferences (ACL, NAACL, EMNLP)
– expand your software development skillset in our TakeLab skills sessions
– help yourself to relevant NLP and machine learning literature
– open-source your work
– exercise for free in the sports complex Martinovka
– unwind at Christmas parties and summer Sljeme hikes (if COVID permits)
Please direct all your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications (a short Statement of Interest and a CV, combined in a single PDF) should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com
All applications received before 27 May 2022 will receive full consideration. The positions remain open until filled.
As an equal opportunities employer, TakeLab FER positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.